Good Shepherd Lutheran Academy exists to reach others with the gospel and to provide children with an education that will, by God's grace,
- lead them to eternal life with their Good Shepherd, Jesus Christ,
- contribute to their spiritual, intellectual, physical, emotional, and social development, and
- prepare them for life-long Christian faith, service and learning.
Good Shepherd Lutheran Academy will be a school...
- That has a strong biblical and confessional Lutheran identity.
- That maintains high quality academic offerings and standards.
- That has a staff that is committed to professional development, both spiritually and academically.
- That serves as an active mission arm for GSELC.
- That enrolls at least 70% of member children of Good Shepherd Evangelical Lutheran Church (GSELC).
- That reaches out to other churches and institutions throughout the Downers Grove and neighboring communities in order to increase enrollment.
- That is accredited by Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod School Accreditation (WELSSA).
- That encourages students to consider continuing in Christian education and pursuing a vast number of career opportunities, including the public ministry.
- That through grade school tuition, works to offset a higher percentage of grade school expenses than the prior school year, in addition to preschool tuition covering all preschool expenses.
To see our complete Mission, Vision, and Objectives statements, please click HERE.
But Jesus called the little children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." (Luke 18:16)