Good Shepherd Lutheran Academy (GSLA) is proud to be nationally accredited by WELS School Accreditation (WELSSA). WELSSA is a member of the National Council of Private School Accreditation (NCPSA). In April 2019 GSLA went through the reaccreditation process in which they were awarded exemplary status, the highest level of accreditation.
Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod School Accreditation (WELSSA) has established the standards for accrediting our school. These standards and the WELSSA Commission have been formally recognized and approved by the National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA).
NCPSA has established accreditation procedures to facilitate the appropriate application, review, and recognition of qualified and credible accrediting associations serving private schools.
WELS educators hold to these foundational beliefs:
- God's teachings in the Bible are the foundation of every point of view, action, and product in Lutheran schools.
- Christ's love compels all Christians, adults, and children, to serve as he did.
- High quality Christian education is an expression of our desire to do all things to the glory of God.
- High quality Christian education is an integral part of making Christian disciples of young children and of reaching out into the community with the Gospel.
- High quality Christian education is an expression of the good stewardship of the blessings which God had graciously given us.
- High quality Christian education is solely a blessing from our gracious God.
Our accredited school has met standards for:
- Defining appropriate educational goals and providing educational program to achieve them.
- Maintaining a qualified faculty and an effective school organization.
- Assessing outcomes of school experiences and controlling the quality of educational programs.
- Responding to concerns of parents and needs of the school community.
- Providing for the continuity of its program and planning for their future.
- Describing with accuracy the content of its services and programs.
- Developing plans and activities for continuous schools improvement.
For more information on the WELSSA accreditation process please click HERE