Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever. Psalm 136:1
GSLA students and staff will be celebrating Thankfulness Week from November 15-19. The purpose of Thankfulness Week is to encourage an "attitude of gratitude" in our students and staff. We are so blessed by our God and we want to take the five days before Thanksgiving Break to thank him for the many blessings that he has given us. Students will be taking part in a variety of activities and here are a few that you can look forward to during Thankfulness Week:
- 1. GSLA will be collecting household and toiletry items for Hope's Front Door. This not-for-profit organization acts as a “first responder” to neighbors who are facing financial and/or medical crises. You can find a list of the items we will be collecting here.
- If GSLA students fill six boxes with the household and toiletry items by the end of the week, Mrs. Blumer & Mrs. Koch will greet the students in costume.
- 2. KIDS C.A.R.E. Presentations in the Church - Tuesday, the 16th at 8:15 (Grades 3-8) and 8:45 AM (Grades PreK-2). Our mission offerings this first semester are going to KIDS C.A.R.E.- Outreach to Roma. Good Shepherd member Miss Chris Herrmann, a member of the Lutheran Women's Missionary Society, will be presenting about this mission that students have the opportunity to contribute out of thankfulness for all God has done for them.
- 3. Chipotle Fundraiser - Wednesday, November 17th from 4-8 p.m. Chipotle on Ogden Ave in Downers Grove will donate 33% of your carry-out or dine-in order to Good Shepherd Lutheran Academy when you show a paper or electronic version of the fundraiser flyer. Use code PJ8YWK4 in the promo field if you order ahead online for pickup. The pickup time selected must be between 4-8 p.m. to count towards the fundraiser. Be sure to share with friends and family, and enjoy your dinner for a great cause!
- 4. Family Reading Night- Thursday, the 18th at 6:30 PM. Sponsored by Illinois Secretary of State and State Librarian, Jesse White, and the Illinois Center for the Book, Family Reading Night is an annual statewide event held on the third Thursday in November to encourage families to spend quality time reading together.